Fado Night - Wear Black


Fado Night - Wear Black
Tonight we went to listen to Camane & Carminho sing fados at  Zeiterion Theater in New Bedford. It was really outstanding. For those of you who do not know what fado is, it’s  Portuguese songs accompanied by the Portuguese guitar dating back to early 19th century from Lisbon. It’s stories sung about destiny, fate and longing. The dress I wore tonight I sewed up from a  Cynthia Rowley pattern. I used the pattern several times. The material is a simple lace that I picked up at JoAnn’s Fabrics. It’s a simple dress that works well with most fabrics and I never seem to tire of the style. Well, it was a grand night and I’m glad I had a new dress to wear and that it was black lace, it went well with the Fado scene. Hope you enjoy it and as always, thank you for sharing in my sewing journey. Have a great weekend everyone! Debora 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress