Jacket - Simplicity #2149


Jacket - Simplicity  #2149
Hello everyone! It’s been a quick month. We are enjoying early signs of spring. My most recent project is this light wool jacket fully lined with a zipper. This is a great pattern and fairly easy to follow. It does not come with a lining, but you can easily use the same pattern pieces and it should work. The sleeves ran a bit short, at least for me. Which is OK, seeing it’s a light  weight jacket and not meant for extreme cold temperatures. The pockets too were a bit small. And the collar could have been higher up and closer to the neck front. Overall, I think it has great lines and wears really comfortably. This is a pattern I hope to revisit soon. Meanwhile, I’m working on a dress that is nothing like I’ve ever made before. It’s all pleated and more pleated. It’s driving me crazy and it’s been taking up a lot of my time. I’ve become obsesses in making it work. I believe that by the end of this week I should have it finished.  Meanwhile, I hope your exploring new ideas and creating things only you can create… and as always, thank you for sharing in our sewing journey. Debora






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress