Sunny Dress


Hello everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I finally finished this “Sunny Dress” using Butterick Pattern B5918 - View C. I’m very pleased with it. I struggled a bit adjusting the neckline to stay straight on the body. I used canvas material as interfacing which worked really well with this fabric. The shoulder line also needed some structure and I placed in self-made shoulder pads. The dress is completely lined and has an invisible zipper in the back. I added pockets to the pattern and a simple belt. I even had material left over for a wrap that I will use on those chilly days when a lady could use a simple light extra cover around her back. The best part, is always the sentimental value of the dress. The hem lining is beautifully covered in double lace left over  from my mothers’ fabric store from her years in the fabric business. She can’t seem to get enough of looking and feeling it. And that’s why I sew…“for the love of mother.” Have a great weekend everyone and as always thank you for sharing in our sewing journey. 
Debora 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress