Dress # 50 - Wildflower Meadow - two piece dress.


Dress # 50 - Wildflower Meadow - two piece dress.
This dress once again is from Butterick B5918 pattern. This is the third time around using the same pattern. This time, I used the left front of the pattern on the right as well. I wanted an easy loose fit. I haven’t been happy with the way the pattern is designed with pleats on the front right. It doesn’t line up well on the body. Or at least, not on mine. I added my own ties and band cut on the bias to close off the front. On the back, I lowered the “V” neck and added ties to hold the back neck together.  The fabric, which I purchased at JoAnn’s is transparent and very difficult to work with. But, I managed. I made a matching top bias slip using McCall’s pattern M6790. I added this perfect matching lace to the hemline which I found at Bedford Fabrics.   For the skirt, I used  again B5918 pattern and added pockets and slits on both sides. I add lace and pockets to all my outfits now. I love the comfort and security that  pockets offer and the old world feminine feel of lace in the underlining’s.   The skirt is self lined with an invisible zipper on the back.  I thought it went well with the loose top. Overall, I’m happy with the outfit.  Seeing it’s such a wildflower pattern, most likely I will wear it to a night festival where a summer’s evening breeze is filled with lots of warm friendly people. I hope this post  inspires you to create and as always thank you for sharing in our sewing journey. Have a great weekend everyone! Debora









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress