Dress # 51- Come Sail Away


Dress # 51- Come Sail Away 
This dress took me two weeks to complete. Not that it was difficult, but I certainly am. I made the top twice. I was not pleased with the first one. I made it using a blue cotton with a square neck and I just didn’t feel comfortable in it. So, I just tossed it and made a new one using the same sail boat print material. The material is from JoAnn’s fabrics from their local interest cotton fabrics collection. How could I not have a dress with this beautiful nautical print. After all, New Bedford is a beautiful seafaring city. A seaport rich in history and culture with a very promising future.

 Back to the dress, It’s from Simplicity pattern  1537 from their Amazing Fit collection. I’ve used it several times and each time I’m just as pleased with the fit and feel of this pattern. A sure winner. This time, I did however line the entire top with canvas material with another final layer of blue cotton. The foundation gives the dress a very rich look. I hope to continue experimenting using more canvas in future dresses. I love to keep trying new ways of sewing. It’s very exciting for me. I seem to enjoy a continual challenge. I also like to have things to wear that I can have the pleasure of saying “I made it myself.”  Well, I hope your inspired to create something of your own soon. It’s such a great feeling. Even when your not fully satisfied with something, it’s always in your power to change it, adjust it or start all over again. The process is always exciting and even powerful. Well that’s it for now, have a great weekend everyone and as always thank you for sharing in our sewing journey. Debora  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress