Doctor Zhivago Inspired Hats


Why should “Lara” have all the fun?
I’m a huge fan of the Doctor Zhivago film. I have watched it countless times through the years.  I love everything about the movie…the romance, history, location, snow scene, ice palace and of course the Russian hats and furs. So much so, that for years, I’ve experimented with making some hats and coats of my own. This past week, old man winter set in. And all of  sudden, I had an inspiration to make more hats. And so I did. A few at that. They are all made out of fleece. They are all different. The brown hat, I actually decorated it with a braid from the same material. The blue, I added pleats and the cranberry, I made a matching hood. I love the hood combination. It’s warm and very comfortable for walking in the winter months ahead of us. I hope your inspired to create your own hats. I used no pattern. I learned a lot about hat making through the years. There is no limit to what you can create. I already have a few more ideas I’d like to try. Well, back to the sewing studio. I do have a dress that I need to finish before the end of the week. It was last weeks project that I tossed aside for the hat making frenzy. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the Doctor Zhivago inspired hats. Making hats is such a pleasure the whole world can enjoy. Why should “Lara” have all the fun? I hope all of you have a great week and as always, thank you for sharing in our sewing journey. Debora






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress