The old and the new always come to life so well


This was an interesting project. This sequin top came from a vintage 1980’s dress found in a thrift store. I just love the blue color. Really rich. I stored it in my fabric closet for a few years. Finally, last year as I was going through my fabric stash I came across it again. This time, to my surprise, on the same pile was a beautiful floral fabric. The color combination was perfect. I brought them to the sewing studio. I knew eventually I was going to bring it back to life in another form. This holiday season, I did just that. I tore off the old lining. I then played around with the floral fabric to see what worked as far as adding sleeves. Finally, I pleated the rest of the fabric and made the skirt and of course, added pockets. Finally, I lined the entire dress. The clutch bag, in case your wondering, I had previously made from the bottom of the original sequin dress. I wore it last night for the first time. It felt mine forever. I’m not afraid to admit, I love restoration projects. The old and the new always come to life so well. I hope you enjoy it. I know I sure did.  Meanwhile, I hope your exploring new ideas and creating new things only you can create… and as always, thank you for sharing in an endless sewing journey.

Debora






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress