The look you can’t buy anywhere.Simplicity 8247 – 1930s Vintage


Simplicity 8247 – 1930s Vintage collection pattern. I made several versions of this perfect fitting afternoon dress.















Hello sewing fans.
Hope you are all enjoying this wonderful time of the year.
As I had mentioned in earlier posts, this holiday season I am sewing a few items. I’m very excited over Simplicity 8247 – 1930s Vintage collection pattern. I made several versions of this perfect fitting afternoon dress. Or at least that's what they called it back then. This particular one is made from a beautiful chiffon feel fabric with built in textured velvet polka dots. It’s self-lined and easily slips on for perfect comfort. In addition, I made a simple  scarf from the left-over material. I have this tendency of making matching scarfs and wraps with just about anything I make. It’s always a great accessory and a good use of any leftover material. It always gives it that custom made look that says homemade with love. It’s the look you can’t buy anywhere. Sad to say, there isn’t any dresses out in the stores nowadays that a woman can feel covered and protected in. For me anyways, I feel that todays' modern dresses are too exposed. Sometimes in the front and others in the back. They are either too short or thinly layered. They never seem to fit the woman I am.  Either that, or I’m just spoiled with making my own dresses with as much fabric as I wish.  I think the reason  manufactures make such ill looking dresses is so they don't have to spend anymore on fabric then what they have too. Anyways, I’m so happy with this beautiful vintage dress. I hope to wear it many more seasons to come. Meanwhile, I hope your exploring new ideas and creating new things only you can create… and as always, thank you for sharing in an endless sewing journey.
Debora







In addition, I made a simple scarf from the left-over material. I have this tendency of making matching scarfs and wraps with just about anything I make. It’s always a great accessory and a good use of any leftover material. It always gives it that custom made look that says homemade with love. It’s the look you can’t buy anywhere.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress