Restored from the 80's

 Happy New Year! 

This is a great way to start out the new year. I'm wearing a gown I restored from the 80's. It's a piece of art. It looks simply untouched. However, I can assure you I spent a great deal of time on it. I reshaped and relined it. In addition, I made it fit my shape. I like how it came out. I even made a matching purse. It was truly a joy to see it all come together. As most of you know, I can't stand to see something so beautiful tossed away. I found it several years ago in a  thrift store. I'm glad I finally had a chance to restore it. I believe in restoration. What a great way to ring in a new year! I hope you enjoy this creation as much as I enjoyed putting it all together.  Meanwhile, I hope your exploring new ideas and creating new things only you can create...and as always, thank you for sharing in an endless sewing journey. 

Debora 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress