Under The Stars

Good evening everyone! The Holiday season has officially begun. There’s so much excitement going on in our city of New Bedford. The New Bedford Art Museum had their annual Under The Stars Holiday Party last night. It was just spectacular. local artist displayed their work for Christmas gifts. Our city is a great growing hub for so many artists. I meet the nicest people at these parties. In case your wondering what I wore…I wore a sequin dress probably from the 1980’s, art deco style dress. I bought it at flee market and completely restored it back to life. First of all, it was full of dust, stains and attic damage. The sequins were coming apart and needed some serious restoration. I cleaned it all up and sewed missing sequins and torn seams back together. I was very pleased with the way it came out. I thought it was a perfect dress to wear to the under the stars anything. I only got one picture of myself with my beautiful friend Daniela. Even so, I thought it would make a nice holiday sewing post. The jacket was a good match with the dress. I wanted to tone it down a bit. It was a lot of fun. Life is always great amongst artist. Enjoy! Oh, by the way the dress cost me a merely $20.00. Crazy? Isn’t it? Oh the power of sewing! You can mend anything!!!
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress