#42 Dress - Some place and time in India

I’m slowly putting away my summer dresses and brining out my fall collection. Today, I wore this dress, which I made last year. Again, it’s one of the first from the “Love Of Mother” dress collection. This collection is important to me. It’s how I got started in this whole journey of creating dresses while taking care of my mother. It also shows progression of new sewing skills. I used vogue V8764 pattern. I played around with the skirt and added pleats on both sides. This fabric is very unusual and reminded me of some place and time in India. Not that I’ve ever traveled there, but I do have an attraction to it’s people and their culture. The fabric came with wide stripes at every yard. I loved it when I first saw it at Joann’s fabrics.



 
When I bought it, I had no idea what to do with it. After some fun experimentation, this is what I came up with. I worked the stripes both vertical and horizontal. I also got into pleating and carried the skill into other dresses. I like this dress very much.

 
  I wore it last season to a few parties. It’s very attractive and colorful. I feel a bit exotic in it. I’m so glad to have worn it again today. It’s definitely a keeper. Hope it inspires you to experiment with unusual materials and create anything you envision. Enjoy, and as always, thank you for sharing in my sewing journey.
 
This photo was taken about a year ago with some of my colleagues. It was the first time I wore the dress. Great time.
 

My husband Tony - May 2013 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress