Plaid Dress

I picked up this incredible beautiful plaid fabric at Bedford Fabrics in Fall River. I got a head start on my new project and have this dress already cut up and ready to go. The only problem is that I forgot that you have to cut each piece separate in order to match up the plaid. I’ve worked with plaids  in the past, but it was always on finished pieces that I was altering. I haven’t made anything in plaid since my teenage years. I had to relearn a few basic techniques fast.
 

At first, I was so disappointed with my mismatch that I thought I would just stop there. However, I think it’s good to work and grow from your mistakes. As a mater of fact, wearing them is even better. You know you’ll never make that same mistake again. So, I’m continuing on with this plaid dress.
 
 
The pattern is a repeat from the previous  weeks. I’m using the patterns skirt this time around. Let’s see how this whole layout works out. Let's see what it looks like in a week. 
 
 
Have a great weekend everyone and as always, thank you for sharing in my sewing journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress