Lifestyle Feature “Southwestern style skirt”

Hello everyone! I hope your having a wonderful weekend. I have a couple of things I’d like to share with you today. First, I’m excited to share with you the “Southwestern style skirt.” I wore it today to a special brunch to support my friends from the Grandparents Raising Grandchildren. Inc. There’re such an amazing organization that provides a great service to our community. It was held at the Wamsutta Club, one of New Bedford’s many beautiful landmarks. And speaking of New Bedford, I’ve decided to add some lifestyle features of our city to my sewing blog. I figured you should have the opportunity to see the many events, fundraisers and beautiful places and wonderful people I share my life with. I’ve edited my introduction on the Google account to include my public service life and introduce you to the beautiful city of New Bedford that I so proudly serve.

Here is my official introduction:

Hello everyone! I’m Debora Coelho from New Bedford, Massachusetts. I serve in our local government as a city councilor at large. I love my city and even more so, its people. New Bedford is a great diverse city by the sea and home to America’s #1 fishing port. As a public official, I’m privileged in attending many worthy events and meeting so many wonderful people. I consider myself a natural advocate of all things New Bedford and to better serve my constituency, I host a local government access television program on channel 18.
 

I’m currently pursuing a masters degree in Public Administration at Bridgewater State University. I consider myself a lifetime learner and believe that everyone has the potential to follow their dreams at any age. Speaking of age, I’m 47 years old and happily married to Tony, who is supportive of both my career as well as my many hobbies. I enjoy photography, cooking, gardening, and I especially love sewing and creating new things.

In my past life, at the age of 19, I was a professional seamstress and ran my own small business for over twenty years. Currently, in addition to being a public servant and a student, I’m experiencing the greatest role of my life, I’m my mothers’ caregiver. She is 80 years old. She remains the greatest blessing of my life. Everyday, I’m reminded that the greatest force in our life’s is love. She too, was a professional seamstress. Since she moved in two years ago, I started sewing again. I do it as a connector to our past. She loves to watch me sew. I wanted to share our beautiful sewing story and so this year I started a sewing blog. I hope you have the opportunity to check it out and more importantly, I hope it inspires you to connect to the people you love, with the things you love to do. Thanks for visiting!







 




 






 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress