Southwestern style skirt

Southwestern style skirt


Hello everyone! And…here it is. the Southwestern style skirt. I kept the style easy and the lines simple. The fabric itself has enough detail. I really like the way it came out. I made a matching scarf with the leftover material. I think it really ties in nicely. The skirt is fully lined and this time around I used buttons instead of placing a zipper. Reason being, that I didn’t want a back seam to break up the pattern.


 
I decided to add a fringe to it. It came apart easily and I like the texture it created. Fun!




 

One of my favorite features is pockets. I’m trying to inset them in just about everything I make now. They just add such comfort to any garment. I can’t help it, I feel secure with pockets. Silly, I know.
 



Here’s a close up look at the side seams with the pockets. It’s kind of tricky to line it up to the print. I really wanted it to match.
 

 

And finally, my beautiful mother fraying the scarf.  She was just enjoying watching me, when I asked her if she wanted to try it and to my surprise she actually did. Wow! Talk about moments of lucidity. I love this picture. It was taken with my new camera which has a new feature that instantly turns a picture into a painting. I’ll treasure this moment forever.


 
Well, that’s it folks. I hope to wear it soon and share it with you. Meanwhile, thank you for visiting my sewing blog. It gives me great joy to share my creations with you. I hope you enjoy them. Please feel free to comment. I would love to hear from you and it would also be great to see you join the site. Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress