Vogue V8928




I finally had a chance to wear this skirt I made several months ago. Spring is in full bloom and it feels great to wear pieces in harmony with the season. For details of the skirt just scroll down as I attached the original sewing post. Have a great weekend everyone. Debora







This week I made two skirts from the same pattern - Vogue V8928. On the first skirt you may recognize the material from my previous project. I had some left over and made the skirt with it. I used the pattern without any changes other than adding a couple of inches to the hemline. I also made a matching scarf, which I think wears well with the outfit. Unfortunately, this skirt opens way too much on the front.


I like open front skirts but this pattern is just too revealing. I also felt that it needed some extra support on the seams.





I will be applying some interfacing to keep it from being so flimsy. Even so, I like this skirt. I think I did a much better job at matching the plaids than on the previous dress from the same material. As for the waist, I didn’t follow the instructions, I simply cut a strip of fabric on bias and made my own folded in waistband. Works for me.


I’m getting brave with fun colors and used a red invisible zipper. And finally, because the skirt is too revealing, I will be adding built in shorts. That way I can keep the look and still be comfortable.



Here is the other skirt. I made major changes to the pattern. I added 12” to the length. And more importantly, I added 4” to each front panel fronts where the slit is and used interfacing on both sides of the opening.


As you can see from this photo, some of the extra material was folded in, so that when the slit opens, you actually see the material in the fold. I like it so much better like this. When I sit, stand or walk you can see the movement of the skirt with some subtle leg action. Nothing too reveling.


Again the skirt is fully lined with another fun colored zipper. This material is actually from upholstery material from JoAnn’s Fabrics. I love yellow and blue together.



And finally, here is the pattern that I re-cut twice with all the changes. At this time, I have no idea what I’m making next week. I’ll have to go through my pattern and fabric stash to see what inspires me. Who knows I may even make yet another skirt.



On another note…I’ve been blogging since April of this year. It's a great outlet for me. I hope your enjoying the development.  I still consider myself new to the bloggin world. I have however learned a lot and it’s a great experience thus far. The most important thing, is to have fun and I am. I hope you are too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress