#40 Dress

Here’s my very simple summer laid back dress. I feel like a true “home” girl in it. It rained all day today. I managed to get these photos taken just outside the backyard entry.


 
The pattern print is very old world. I’m starting to enjoy the cotton feel of my dresses now. At first, I wasn’t too crazy about using cotton to make dresses. But, if you stay away from anything too gathered, especially at the waistline, you’ll be just fine with the fit.

 
The other thing I’m loving, is experimenting with colorful linings. It’s a lot of fun to add color to your “underworld.”

 



And finally, the pockets! I’m very pleased with the outside pockets. They too are lined in vibrant green. I’m fixated on pockets now. I find comfort in them, especially walking along in public. It places my arms and hands at ease. Well, that's it for this week. Let's see what nexts week brings.

Good night everyone and as always, thank you for sharing in my personal sewing adventures.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress