All Torn Up

All torn up. Hello everyone! After finally finishing sewing all the torn fabric strips to the entire material, I realized that the dress pattern I initially chose for this fabric was not going to work out.



 
The new design on the fabric is not suited for pleats or gatherings. I had to work with the new lines and texture that were created by the strips. After some inspiration, I found this 1930’s dress sketch and thought, wow, that’s it.

Of course, I’ll never find a pattern for the dress. So, I created my own version on the dress form. I have to admit that I fought back fear in cutting up this dress. Considering the amount of time I invested in the material, the last thing I want to do is ruin it. But, what the heck, I built up courage and just cut it all up. I actually felt a bit like Edward scissors hands. Well, here it is, cut and styled. The designing layout is always exciting for me. I can’t seem to stop myself. I just go, go, go. Then, I look at the dress form and ask myself, now how am I going to sew all these pieces together? And most importantly, is it going to work?



 
 Well, I don’t know yet. Give me a few day in the sewing studio and we shall see. Till then, hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and as always thank you for sharing in my sewing journey.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress