Faux Leather Fabric

I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying experimenting with fabric manipulation. Last night, as I was searching for my next project, I decided to use this faux leather fabric that I purchased at Joann’s fabrics. As I was studying the fabric, as beautiful as it is, I thought I could still make it more exciting. I want all my dresses to be exciting. I did some additional research on fabric manipulation and got inspired to sew some pleats down on this fabric before I even cut out anything. I already started the pleating process this morning and I’m contemplating between both these patterns to use on my next dress. I used Butterick 5851 on last weeks dress as a reference. I’m sure once I’m done pleating the fabric, it will talk to me.
It’s fascinating for me to develop and learn new sewing skills and techniques with every dress I create. Even while wearing these dresses, I learn from them. The way each wears, feels and moves. I love to learn new things and see ideas at work. I enjoy following sewing blogs and see what the rest of the sewing world is up to. I’m also going to order these two books, Couture Sewing Techniques,
by Claire B. Shaeffer and The Art of Manipulating Fabric by Colette Wolff. I’m wondering if anyone else out there shares similar interests with any recommendations on fabric manipulating. Well, have a good day everyone and let’s see what develops in the sewing studio this upcoming week. “sew” exciting!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress