Black and Gold Silk Dress - Simplicity pattern # 2178

This week I have two dresses to display. As you may remember I made this beautiful black and gold silk dress using Simplicity pattern # 2178 from the Cynthia Rowley collection. I was very happy with it until I tried it on for the final “dress rehearsal” for this grand gala tomorrow night. I felt it still needed some serious body at the midriff. So I made an emergency trip to Joann’s fabrics and picked up this very thick black material that is actually used for upholstery and used as an extra layer on the midriff and added a serious amount of boning for ultimate support. It actually worked! Then I was in need of matching sandals which I purchased at Macys department store. Finally, the most visible accessory… the matching clutch bag, I just whipped it together for a complete look. It’s perfect! I’m so happy with the whole look. This event tomorrow night is super special. It’s worth going all out for. This is about New Bedford’s history and it’s people. It’s actually a sold out event. You can read all about this event at: http://www.whalingmuseum.org/programs/charles-w-morgan 
http://www.whalingmuseum.org/charles-w-morgan-homecoming-gala
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress