The Green Clover Dress - Simplicity pattern #1354.

Just a quick update of my sewing week. This morning I started on a new dress, which I’m calling “The Green Clover Dress.” I made a few adjustments on the pattern. I went with a smaller size and dropped the waist line down by 1 ½ inches. I also doubled the lining. The fabric is very thin and sheer, so I felt it could use an extra layer for support. Once again, I applied boning on just about ever seam. The dress is looking really good. The only thing is, when I actually did my first fitting, to my surprise it was still too big on the top and side seams. I have some adjustments to make. I hope to continue with this project on Monday morning. Meanwhile, yesterday I made a trip to Joann’s Fabric store and found Vogue patterns on sale. I purchased four more patterns. I’m addicted to patterns. Right now I’m fixated on making simple summer dresses. I’m taking a break from vintage dresses. And finally, my husband has promised to take me out this weekend and find the most beautiful places to take pictures of my two new dresses. Sounds great doesn’t it? I’m looking forwards to sharing them with you soon. This is “sew’ much fun. I’m so happy to be sharing it with all of you. Hope everyone has a great weekend!


 

 

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress