The Green Clover Dress - Simplicity pattern #1354

And now for this week’s project…The Green Clover Dress - Simplicity pattern #1354. For those of you following my sewing story may remember this pattern. I’ve repeated it three times. This is the last time I will be using this pattern for now. I’m ready to move on. Even so, I’ve really enjoyed working with this pattern. The sewing was relatively easy. The fitting however was a different story. I spent a lot of time making this dress style fit properly. The cut may not be for me. I need a closer neckline to work well for me. The fabric also drove me a bit crazy. It unraveled very easily. I had to over-lock every seam. This dress is once again fully lined with added boning to the bodice. It fits beautifully and I hope to wear it this weekend with the summer hat. I love hats. I just feel awkward wearing them when one else does. However, I’m sure my husband will find us a perfect New England environment to wear it to. I’m looking forwards to the “dress romance.” This has been an incredibly busy week. I’m so glad I kept up with my sewing. It literally kept me all together. Thanks for being a part of it. Enjoy!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress