#13 Dress

#13 Dress. This is from Simplicity pattern 2281 from Cynthia Rowley designs. I love her designs. I have most of her patterns. On this particular one, I can actually say, “I hacked it.” I dropped the bodice to the waistline and completely eliminated the midriff. On the back bodice I lowered the center seam for a longer back opening. I also replaced the entire skirt for a beautiful flowing “A” line skirt. No gathering at the waist. I love the way the fabric of this dress flows as I walk. I made about three of these dresses. As I wear them, I will post them. They are timeless. Feels like heaven. I’m such a pattern hacker. Sorry, Cynthia Rowley. I love your designs so much, I just had to make them my own. I’ve used this pattern over and over again. On this dress, I used 3 out of 17 pieces. The top of this dress is spectacular. I love the way it enhances a woman’s shoulder line. The pictures were taken this afternoon at Cotali Mar Restaurant in the North End, 1178 Acushnet Ave, New Bedford, MA. Beautiful place, great food and wonderful people.

 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress