Kimonos update

Kimonos update. The two kimonos that I draped on the dressform earlier this week are just about finished. I have both of them in the sewing assembly line. This increases the rate of the sewing. I love assembly lines. I like order. I enjoy studying patterns and sewing techniques providing for the “best practice” and creating efficiency. Although, I grew up in a sewing room and was thought to sew at a very young age, I really perfected the skill in the many years I spent doing alterations. Alterations are very tedious. It requires a lot of time and patients. I became very self- disciplined. I learned a lot from deconstructing and reconstructing garments. Believe it or not, in my former life I did that for over twenty years.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress