Mending is peaceful.


Here is the finished Butterick B5209 tan polka dots dress. I’m pleased with it. It was a great leaning experience. I learned to “slow down.” I actually enjoyed the amount of hand sewing on the side seams. It certainly slowed down time and brought me to another aspect of life I had forgotten about. Sewing machines are fast. We’re used to getting speedy results. When we don’t get what we want “fast” we ditch things and move on. I’m glad this dress slowed me down. Taking seams apart gave me time to contemplate. Holding a sewing needle in my hands gave me the power of restoration. Mending is peaceful. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this week’s project, the tan polka dot dress.



 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress