Butterick B5209

I’m starting to organize my new project Butterick B5209 Retro 1947. I’ve already cut out the first dress. You never really know how the dress fits until the first fitting. So far, I tried the top and I must say that I truly love the way this dress fits. The only thing is how small this pattern runs. I guess you have to consider how petite women were in the 40s. I’m about 5’6 with an average weight for both my height and age. Even so, I’m considering re-cuting the top and adding a couple of more inches to the sides and dropping the waist line as well. I like a good seam to work with, especially when placing invisible zippers. Sew, I’ve learned a few good lessons on the first run on this dress and I’m taking it all with me to the next.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress