Bones and all!

Well, I finished the Butterick B5209 “1947” dress. This dress has more bones than the cod fish I cooked for dinner. Lol. I’m very pleased with the way it came out. I spent more time altering and boning this dress than I did putting it together. As a matter of fact, I put it together and took it all apart at least three time. I can’t stand looking at it any longer. It’s become too familiar. It feels likes it’s been mine forever. I learned a lot from making this dress. Especially, about myself and how great my expectations are. I’m not looking to make another dress. Frankly, I tortured this dress in order to make it fit who I am. It’s all about defining what I feel and how I see myself. That’s what I’m after. That’s the beauty of expression of art. I’m hoping to clean it up tomorrow from all it’s threads. And possible wearing it this weekend. Wow, what an exciting sewing week. Bones and all!







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress