On with the boning

Update on Butterick B5209 “1947” dress. I love the print of the fabric, it reminds of all the colorful lilacs in bloom this time of year. After assembling the dress and trying it on, it looked nothing like the picture on the pattern cover. Maybe it was the fabric, but this thing had no shape. Needless, to say, I was disappointed. Not at myself of course. At my age, I don’t blame anything on me or my body anymore. So, I got mad and took it out on the dress. I just took it all apart and decided that what this dress needed was major foundation. The only way to do that is by boning the whole darn thing. I remember when I used to have my bridal shop and did countless alterations, all the expensive gowns had beautiful inner structure with lots of boning. Boning gives an incredible fit to just about every shape of women. Why shouldn’t we have that same kind of perfect fit and great feeling in an everyday dress? On with the boning! Let’s see what this dress is going to look like when I’m finished with it.




 
 
 
 

 
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress