#8 Dress. The blooming dress.


Spring 2015
“The Blooming Dress” Hello everyone! It’s been a few weeks since I've sewed. I've been a bit busy. Meanwhile, I've been enjoying wearing all the dresses I made last year. It’s interesting how when you make your own clothes, your more excited about wearing them. I also believe dresses have a life of their own. They are very picky about how they are worn. They have their own season and are only appropriate for certain events. This particular dress was created in the spring and only likes to go out in the same season. It especially likes to go to church and  strolls in the gardens. I’m so glad to have it as part of my wardrobe. In the one year I've had it, it’s been a pleasure every time I've worn it and the fabric holds exceptionally well. I expect that it will have a long life and I’m happy it will be with me. Well, I’m off to the sewing room tonight. Let’s see what’s in store for this year’s 2015 spring/summer homemade dress collection. 






Spring 2014
#8 Dress. The blooming dress. Simplicity pattern 1178. This is one of my favorite dresses. This was the first of three that I made from this same pattern. The pattern calls for “Designer’s inspiration.” It did just that. I dropped the bodice to fit my natural waistline and once again incorporated my own trumpet skirt. I kept my eye on this fabric at Joann’s Fabric’s for a few weeks, than there it was on clearance. I think it was about $3.00 a yard. So much left. I couldn't believe it was there waiting just for me. I bought 5 yards. That is usually the amount of fabric I’m comfortable working with. I like cutting without worrying about running short of material. Anyways’ the print just reminded me of spring time in bloom. Today was just the day for this blooming dress.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress