Google+ Badge

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Finished this weeks project



It’s raining in New Bedford, Mass this morning. Even so, it’s lovely to wake up to  "showers of blessings” of Spring. I finished this weeks project. I’m not sure what format to use in displaying it on the blog. I’m going to try to use some pictures and describe the details as I go along. I hope that as I continue posting my sewing journey that you will give some feedback. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.




This is a combination of two patterns. The top is from an older pattern I had. I made this same top several times over years ago. It is one of my personal favorite. The fabric is linen.



Simplicity 2475, is easy to follow directions. It has an amazing fit as it claims. The contour yoke falls just slightly below the natural waistline which creates ease, comfort and best of all it looks slimming.




 
I made a few changes of the top. Instead of using the armhole facing, I simple cut a 1 ½” strip of fabric on the bias and sewed in it and folded it inwards.
Finally, I placed in an invisible zipper on the back. It’s easy on and easy off and falls nicely.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment