#35 Dress - Simplicity Patterns #1801

#35 Dress - Simplicity Patterns #1801

Surprise! I finished and wore the dress today. It turned out to have an 80’s flare to it. I totally re-made a new skirt. Lucky for me, I had extra material. I actually ripped apart the skirt from the bodice and just started over. This time with a simple bottom with no gathering at the waist. The skirt is straight cut with side slits on both sides. It’s fully self lined and wears beautifully. I also added a black lace appliqué on the “V” neck line. I wasn’t really comfortable with the low cut. I like to feel comfortable and age appropriate with all my dresses. Most of which, I wear to church. I’m really pleased with this dress. It gave me a real hard time but, it was worth it. The pattern was not hard to follow. Actually, it’s a fairly simple dress to make. I’m the one that took it to the extreme. I totally lined it, used canvas material at the neck and midriff and added an additional layer for the built in boning at the midriff. I learned a few new tricks for the next dress. Adding canvas material as an added interfacing really holds up on the neckline, shoulders and midriff. A great foundation equals a great overall shape regardless of figure. I just love the look. I hope you do too. I also hope that you find my experiences useful in your own sewing creations.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress