Pink Flowers on a Silk Garden Dress

Pink Flowers on a Silk Garden Dress

Simplicity pattern # 2178 Cynthia Rowley collection

Well, it’s a wrap! Literally around the dressform. This style dress is too fitted for the dressform. I did however finish it just about now. It would have been done earlier if it wasn’t for my husband telling me he did not like the bodice to the waistline and asked me to sew up the midriff like last weeks dress. So much for the relaxed look. It came out as nice as the one from last week. I do like the “A” line skirt, but I have to admit that this style looks much more elegant on a straight long skirt like the designer Cynthia Rowley intended. It will be several weeks before I have an opportunity to wear it, and that's just fine. Every week the objective is to learn new skills and find new sewing techniques. The finished dress is art to me. I wear it as such. It’s fun and memorable. Even if it’s only worn once. Some dresses are so spectacular they have a life of their own. It’s been a great sewing week. Thank you for sharing in my sewing journey. Tomorrow I’m hoping to wear a dress that is yet to be seen. It’s a 1920’s inspiration. I made it this spring. Until then, good night everyone and lets hope for a great weekend.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress