Simplicity pattern #1537

Simplicity pattern #1537

Hello everyone! Today I started a new dress. It’s from Simplicity patterns #1537. I cut out the pattern as well as the dress. The fabric is a light weight cotton. I enjoy pinning the pattern to the dressform ahead of time to see how all the pieces fit together. You can learn a lot from this process. I enjoy seeing what the designer saw as well as feeling my way through the lines on the dressform. I think this pattern does deliver what it promises, an “amazing fit.” All the pattern pieces are ready to go. I also cut out the entire lining. Everything is already assembled and the basic stitching is all set. Tomorrow, I hope to continue with this dress project and fuss over the details. Sometimes, I get so carried away with the sewing, I completely forget to take pictures. I was in such a sewing marathon all afternoon. It was a perfect rainy sewing day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress