Simplicity Patterns #1801

This weeks dress project is from Simplicity Patterns #1801, another beautiful piece from the Cynthia Rowley collection. I’m figuring out her style and building on my own sewing experience as to how to work in a solid foundation, especially at the midriff. Her dresses are very form fitting. I’m not crazy about the gathering at the waist, but it’s only fair that I use her whole pattern layout as is, at least once. The material I’m using is very light weight rayon and I think it will fall well. I’m also looking more into making dresses with sleeves for the Fall, seeing I already have enough summer dresses. Well, I’m excited with my dress project choice for this week. It’s my first time using this pattern. I’m not sure what to expect as far as the fit goes, but we shall see. That’s the most exciting part of sewing, everyday it builds into something, everyday you can make it and fit it into something beautiful…into something that’s truly yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VOGUE V9266

It's a true winner - Vogue V9266

Honeycomb Smocking Dress